Saturday 23 April 2011

The weird and wonderful

I was looking at a packaging website and I saw this: Alice in Wonderland Beauty Products

It reminded me of the Tim Burton Exhibition that was in Melbourne at ACMI, which was both weird and wonderful.

Also I recently caught up with my year 12 art teacher and met her husband and we went to see Top Arts, which is in the Ian Potter Gallery at Fed Square. (So if you have time definitely go there and see it!)

One of my favourites was a installation which was of paper people. It was hanging in a corner of the gallery, and when the light cast a shadow you could see the people more clearly because of the intricate details that were cut out of the paper. It was amazing to see how much work was put into the artworks and the high level of skill.

www.acmi.net.au


Also I went to the Disney's Dreams Come True Exhibition at ACMI (before it closes on the 26th April) love all the sketches and drawings!!!! Very inspirational!

2 comments: